Learn-to-Skate Program 2017-2018
Start Date is Saturday November 4, 2017
LOCATION WILL BE THE NEW "CANTON ICE HOUSE"
65 NORTH STREET, CANTON, MA
SATURDAY MORNINGS THROUGH February 17, 2018 (16 sessions)
11:00AM start time-BEGINNERS
10:00AM start time-Returning Skaters
Canton Youth Hockey's learn to skate program is the first step for aspiring hockey players, or those that simply want to learn how to skate. The program is designed for first time skaters, as well as those with some skating skills from age 4-9. While it is a large group setting, players are split into smaller sections by ability with coaches who cater the program to the speed of the group. The goal of the program is to get all kids skating on their own and will eventually teach hockey skills. We conclude each season with a hockey jamboree-their first time playing in a game setting.
Remember, these children are young, and learning to skate is not easy, so it will take some time. If they need a week off, take a week off. Please do not leave the rink area and be available if your child needs you, and try to have them full dressed and ready to skate at 11:00am-sharp. Most kids spend two years in our learn to skate program before progressing to Mighty Mites.
We need a limited number of volunteers, both on and off the ice to make the program work. All on-ice volunteers must register with us before stepping on the ice.
All players need the following equipment:
- Hockey Helmet with Full Face guard
- Skates-NEW SKATES MUST BE SHARPENED
- Neck guard
- Knee and Elbow protection is highly recommended (any type)
- Hockey sticks will be introduced, but are not needed until later-DO NOT BRING UNTIL INSTRUCTED.
- A CYH hockey jersey is provided
- Comfortable clothing (don't over dress them) it's not extremely cold.
- USA Hockey Registration is Required. USA Hockey charges a separate fee for those age 7 and older.
Please contact Nick Maffeo with any questions: